On Saturday 13 th March 2021 the “Paulownia Piemonte” association has given out 1500 trees of Paulownia to different public and private institutions of the Cuneo province, in Piedmont.
The trees were bought thanks to the financial contribution of the Tomatis Lamiere company. The firm decided in fact to support the project “100,000 trees in Piedmont” whose aim is to promote
reforestation so as to ensure carbon sink areas for the reduction of greenhouse gas emission.
The Paulownia tree owns numberless properties particularly suitable for the environment:
• It can absorb carbon dioxide up to ten times more than any other plant;
• It grows very fast (up to 4 meters every year);
• Its gorgeous and big grapes of flowers greatly contributes to the subsistence and survival of bees, endangered by environmental pollution;
• It provides light but strong wood;
• Its incredibly large and wide leaves are enormously precious both for the absorption of carbon dioxide and for feeding cattle.
By this gesture Tomatis Lamiere means to strengthen its efforts aiming at a zero emission target, and to
pave the way for a greener working method.
To discover more about Paulownia trees and the association “Paulownia Piemonte” check out this link: https://www.paulowniapiemonte.it/
Read the articles about our initiayive.